I offer self-publishing and marketing services to selected non-fiction authors and organisations.
A book may fall below the sales threshold that publishing houses require these days, but still have the potential to sell over time. My services are ideally suited to authors and organisations who have their own networks to springboard sales and/or publicity.
I aim to take on a maximum of three or four book projects a year. This means that I’m able to give your book the attention it deserves.
Each book is unique so I quote on a book-by-book basis, rather than offering fixed packages that may not suit your needs.
Here are some of the aspects I’d cover:
- Identify aims, including:
- Format/s (hardback, paperback, POD and/or ebook)
- Production spec
- Set realistic targets
- Initial editorial report + sample edit
- Further edit if required before appointing freelance editors for line-and copy-editing
- Draft text for your approval — this may include an ‘endorsement’ quote
- Arrange isbn/s and barcode/s
- Commission a designer
- Agree the best visual and help work this up — the cover/jacket designer will also produce thumbnail images for use online
- Commission inside-page designer, typesetter, proofreader and printer
- Agree any extras, such as an indexer and/or picture researcher
- Produce marketing materials such as a press release, book information sheet (if selling to bookshops), and any promotional materials such as flyers
- Work with you on a marketing plan
- Identify key targets
- Commission an external publicist if you need a detailed campaign
- Identify sales outlets and pitch to them